Starting from the valid license to car insurance, in case you plan on renting car in Canada, take a look at the list of five important requirements you need to have.
Renting a car from car rental Toronto is a great way to experience everything starting from exploring beautiful Canadian landscape to getting around new city. At times, the requirements of car can be a bit confusing, particularly if you are doing it for the first time. Take a look at the list of things that you will need before you drive off.
A Valid Driving License
You need to make sure that that license is valid during the rental period and remain during the entire rental period. A valid driver’s license means one that has been issued by,
- US State possession and territory.
- Canadian province or territory.
- Country which has a reciprocal agreement with Canada.
- Country which is a signatory to 1949 Geneva Convention on the Road Traffic or the 1943 Convention on Regulation of the Inter-American Automobile traffic.
An International driver’s permit is only valid if it is presented along with the original local license.
Apart from this,
- During the time of rental, the authorized driver, the rental, and the additional driver might have to sign a declaration to the fact that they have valid license which has been revoked, suspended, surrendered, or revoked.
- In case you simply have learner’s permit, you will not be allowed to rent a car.
- A temporary driver’s license will be acceptable only if it doesn’t have any restriction and is also valid for the entire rental period.
To be Above the Rental Age
All the car rental Toronto have a minimum driving age for renting a vehicle.
- The most common minimum age is usually 21 to 24 years of age.
- Usually, drivers under 25 years of age aren’t eligible to rent vehicles like SUVs, luxury cars, or even minivans.
- You need to check with the rental company in order to learn about the individual policy.
An Acceptable Driving Record
This is going to be enforced differently on the basis of the car rental company you go with. In case you are worried about your driving history before renting car from car rental Toronto, your best bet is to call the rental company ahead of time.
A Credit Card
You have to present a credit card which is accepted by the car rental Toronto and also has sufficient credit to pay for the trip. Another great option is to pay the entire amount in cash. A majority of the times, the rental companies will require cash or even credit deposit for booking reservation in advance.
Insurance for Rental Car
Insurance and liability coverage might vary to a great extent not just by the region but also by the company. In case you want to rent a large truck or van, there is a great chance that the car insurance does not cover them. Moreover, some companies have added fees for the event of accident.
The bottom line is that you will be responsible for the car that you are renting from car rental Toronto. Make sure that you read the insurance policy for the car rental company and then get in touch with the credit card or insurance company to find out about their policies.